Built on the foundation of choice and flexibility, St. Joseph’s offers an opportunity for employees to customize their health and welfare benefits package by choosing from a menu of options, as well as to prepare for their retirement. We have spent considerable time developing an approach that will meet the diverse and changing needs of St. Joseph’s workforce, and will continue evolving our benefit plans to ensure they are relevant, competitive and affordable.
Listed below is a sampling of our comprehensive benefit offerings:
Health/Welfare Benefits (eligibility is the first day of the month after date of hire)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) 2 different Rx plans to choose from with 90-day mail order co-pay incentives or we offer a High Deductible (HDHP) medical plans, with a focus on preventive benefits and offering generous co-pay incentives to use St. Joseph’s award-winning network of programs, facilities and physicians.
- All employees are eligible for a 12% retail co-pay discount at Kinney Drugs on Butternut Street for a 30-day supply of both generic and brand name medications.
- Wellness programs, with extensive financial rewards such as health insurance discounts, free annual wellness exams, free health and clinical coaching programs, free case management and reimbursements (including a YMCA matching discount) for healthy lifestyle activities.
- Health Care ($2,550 maximum) and Dependent Care ($5000 household maximum) flexible spending accounts.
- Hospital-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
- Hospital-paid long-term disability program for salaried employees.
- Hospital-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary plans, such as vision, optional life insurance, optional accidental death & dismemberment, spousal life insurance, dependent life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, cancer protection and legal plan services.
- 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan, with hospital matching contributions and options for Traditional Pre-tax and/or Roth employee contributions.
- 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan, with options for Traditional Pre-tax and/or Roth employee contributions.
Paid Time Off Benefits
- Earned time off (ETO) program, providing full-time hourly employees with 17 days and salaried employees with 20 days of paid time off after one year of service.
- 10 paid holidays for full-time employees.
- Educational assistance program available with eligibility for regular status full and part time status employees. Assistance programs include Tuition Reimbursement for up to $4,000 annually or Working Condition Fringe Benefit assistance for up to $30,000 annually. Plan eligibility amounts are determined by employment status, years of service and level of degree pursued.
- Dependent tuition program for St. Joseph’s College of Nursing (5 years of full time or 8 years of part time service required).
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) reimbursement for clinical affiliates.
- Inexpensive surface lot and garage parking fees.
- Hospital-paid Employees Services Program (ESP), a discount services program.
- Cafeteria discounts.
- Active committees focusing on Mission, Vision and Values, Diversity, Wellness, Integrative Health Care, Safe Patient Handling and Movement, Tobacco Free Campus, Peer Defusing and Swartz Center Rounds.
This information summarizes your St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center benefit options. Every effort has been made to ensure this information is accurate. However, the programs are governed by legal documents and insurance contracts. If there is any difference between the information in this enrollment guide and the official documents and contracts, the official documents and contracts will rule. Our benefits are governed by current laws and operated to Internal Revenue Service regulations. St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center reserves the right to change, amend or terminate benefit programs at any time. Nothing in this summary should be construed as an employment contract or guarantee of benefits. St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center has sole discretion to interpret the eligibility provision for any of the benefits provided in this summary. Detailed information on all benefit plans is available from the Hospital’s Human Resources Department, including eligibility provisions for part-time employees.