Built on the foundation of choice and flexibility, St. Joseph’s offers an opportunity for employees to customize their health
and welfare benefits package by choosing from a menu of options, as well as to prepare for their retirement. We have spent considerable time developing an approach that will meet the diverse and changing needs of St. Joseph’s workforce, and will continue evolving our benefit plans to ensure they are relevant, competitive and affordable.
Listed below is a sampling of our comprehensive benefit offerings:
Health/Welfare Benefits (eligibility is the first day of the month after date of hire)
- Medical plans (PPO, Indemnity and HMO), with a focus on preventive benefits and offering generous copay incentives to use St. Joseph’s award-winning network of programs, facilities and physicians.
- Rx plans ($5/$25/$40 and $5/$50/$100), with 90-day mail order copay incentives such as free generic medications and two copays vs. three for brand medications, and a 12% retail copay discount at our on-campus Kinney Drugs at Franciscan Pharmacy for a 30-day supply of both generic and brand medications.
- Wellness programs, with extensive financial incentives such as health insurance discounts, free annual wellness exams, free health and clinical coaching programs, free case management and clinical concierge programs and reimbursements (including a YMCA matching discount) for healthy lifestyle activities.
- Health care ($2,500 maximum) and dependent care flexible spending accounts.
- Hospital-paid life and accidental death/dismemberment insurance.
- Hospital-paid long-term disability program for salaried employees.
- Hospital-paid Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Voluntary plans, such as vision, optional life, optional accidental death/dismemberment, spouse life, dependent life, short-term disability, cancer protection and legal.
- Hospital-paid defined benefit pension plan with a cash balance feature vested after three years of service, with an annual 2%-4% pay contribution based on years of service and an annual 2.6%-4% interest contribution (1 year of service / 1,000 annual hours of service required).
- 401(k) defined contribution retirement plan, with hospital matching contributions (two years of service required) and a Roth feature.
- 403(b) defined contribution retirement plan, with a Roth feature.
Paid Time Off Benefits
- Earned Time Off (ETO) program, providing full-time hourly employees with 17 days and salaried employees with 20 days of paid time off after one year of service.
- 10 paid holidays for full-time employees.
- Educational assistance program, with immediate eligibility and annual assistance ranging from $2,000 - $4,000 for full-time employees based on years of service.
- Tuition repayment program (up to $10,000) for registered nurses, pharmacists and clinical affiliates.
- Dependent tuition program for St. Joseph’s College of Nursing (5 years of service required).
- CME reimbursement for clinical affiliates.
- Guaranteed Mortgage program, providing mortgage guarantees to employees purchasing a primary residence in a defined area on Syracuse’s North Side (1 year of service required).
- Inexpensive surface lot and garage parking fees.
- Hospital-paid Employees Services Program (ESP), a discount services program.
- Cafeteria discounts.
- Active committees focusing on Mission, Vision and Values, Diversity, Wellness, Integrative Health Care, Safe Patient Handling and Movement, Tobacco Free Campus, Peer Defusing and Swartz Center Rounds.
This information summarizes your St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center benefit options. Every effort has been made to ensure this information is accurate. However, the programs are governed by legal documents and insurance contracts. If there is any difference between the information in this enrollment guide and the official documents and contracts, the official documents and contracts will rule. Our benefits are governed by current laws and operated to Internal Revenue Service regulations. St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center reserves the right to change, amend or terminate benefit programs at any time. Nothing in this summary should be construed as an employment contract or guarantee of benefits. St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center has sole discretion to interpret the eligibility provision for any of the benefits provided in this summary. Detailed information on all benefit plans is available from the Hospital’s Human Resources Department, including eligibility provisions for part-time employees.