St. Joseph's cardiac surgeons - who also offer minimally invasive valve and coronary artery bypass surgery - continue to perform the most open heart procedures in Central New York with the lowest risk-adjusted mortality rates.
Experience, focus and facilities are important contributors to that record. St. Joseph's offers:
- Two inpatient operating suites dedicated to cardiac surgery.
- Dedicated surgical teams specializing in cardiac surgery available around the clock - surgeons, anesthesiologists, physician assistants, cardiac perfusionists, registered nurses, surgical technologists and anesthesia technicians.
- 21-bed surgical intensive care unit.
- 43-bed cardiac surgery unit that includes a central monitoring suite to track cardiac telemetry data.
- The area's only nationally certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
St. Joseph's has recently established a clinic specializing in the care of patients with valvular heart disease. This is a multidisciplinary clinic composed of cardiologists and cardiac surgeons whose focus is to perform detailed evaluation and optimized treatment for patients with valvular heart disease. As the only hospital in Central New York to provide minimally invasive aortic valve replacement for the treatment of high risk patients with aortic stenosis, our Valve Clinic has assumed vital importance.
To view our cardiac physicians, click here.