While surgery is generally the most effective treatment option for many conditions, traditional open surgery with a large incision has its drawbacks – pain, trauma, a long recovery time and a risk of infection. As an alternative to open surgery, the da Vinci® Surgery System enables surgeons to operate through a few tiny incisions with dramatically enhanced vision, precision and control.
Due to the smaller incisions and improved accuracy surgeons experience using da Vinci®, operations are generally shorter and safer and produce more favorable outcomes for patients including less pain, quicker recovery times and shorter hospital stays.
In addition to cardiothoracic, gynecologic and urologic da Vinci® aided surgeries, St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center offers general surgery procedures including:
- da Vinci® Surgery for Obesity (Gastric Bypass)
- da Vinci® Surgery for Stomach Cancer (Gastrectomy)
- da Vinci® Surgery for Pancreatic Disease (Distal Pancreatectomy)
- da Vinci® Surgery for Achalasia (Heller Myotomy)
- da Vinci® Surgery for Gallbladder Disease (Cholecystectomy)