Resident stipends are parallel to the salaries of similar level residents at the SUNY Upstate Medical Center. Cost of living increases also parallel that system.
View our 2012-2013 Contract Draft (pdf)
for more information.
- Two weeks’ annual paid vacation per year.
- Malpractice insurance for all activities related for the residency curriculum.
- Subsidized health and dental insurance. Hospital underwrites a variety of individual and family plans with modest payroll deductions. $50,000 life insurance is also provided.
- Access to SUNY Upstate gym and fitness center (campus activities building).
- Free parking provided to all residents.
- Discounted prescription medications for residents and families provided by Kinney Drugs at Franciscan Pharmacy.
- Discounted food in hospital cafeteria. Simple snacks and beverages are available at all times in the resident lounge.
- Three white laboratory coats.
- Email and computer access. Residents have unlimited medical library access at both St. Joseph's as well as SUNY Upstate Medical University. This includes 24-hour online access to full text journals and other electronic media.