| LOAN FORGIVENESS!
To counter the shortage of physicians, the Doctors Across NY Program offers loan forgiveness and grants to those practicing in rural and urban low-income areas.
Physician Practice Support grants provide up to $100,000 over two years to encourage primary care and specialty physicians to establish or join practices in medically underserved communities.
View our 2014-2015 Contract Draft for more information.
Four weeks' annual paid vacation per year. Vacations are generally taken in one-week blocks Monday through Friday with weekends on both sides without medical responsibilities. This equals four nine-day vacation periods/year. Vacations may also be taken in two-week blocks.
- Communication devices for all residents to use within the scope of both clinical and educational responsibilities. Currently, we are involved in an initiative to use handheld computers for patient sign-out, as well as maintaining on-call and office schedules and documenting procedural skills.
- Malpractice insurance for all activities related to the residency curriculum.
- Subsidized health and dental insurance. The hospital underwrites a variety of individual and family plans with modest payroll deductions. $50,000 life insurance also is provided.
- Relocation allowance up to $500 per IRS guidelines.
- A one-time CME stipend of $1,250 is available to be used at any time during residency and one week of conference time.
- ACLS, PALS, Neonatal Resuscitation certification provided (required). ALSO and ATLS available.
- Personal days for job hunting and interviewing as PGY3.
- Access to SUNY Upstate gym and fitness center (campus activities building).
- Free parking.
- Discounted prescription medications for residents and families provided by St. Joseph's Franciscan Pharmacy.
- Discounted food in hospital cafeteria. Simple snacks and juice are available at all times in the resident lounge. The residency also provides lunch for all conferences, lectures and meetings.
- Three white laboratory coats.
- Email and computer access. Residents have unlimited medical library access at St. Joseph's as well as SUNY Upstate. This includes 24-hour online access to full text journals and other electronic media.