Formerly a manufacturing hub, Syracuse is a transitioning city experiencing growth and change. The heart of all things Central New York, Syracuse has the location, educated work force, affordability and excellent quality of life that make it a great city in which to work and live.
Businesses range from small, family-owned enterprises and regional distributors to large, internationally recognized corporations in the world. Another valued asset is the extraordinary breadth of health care services that are available in the Syracuse area. More than 1,400 practicing physicians and health care providers, representing every medical specialty, serve the residents of Syracuse and the surrounding counties.
But Syracuse doesn’t stop there. A city that works hard also plays hard. Set against the scenic backdrop of the Finger Lakes region, Tug Hill Plateau and rolling hills that boast some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the country, Syracuse and the surrounding area offer nothing short of great shopping, festivals and events, bars and restaurants, and outdoor activities.
- Alliance Bank Stadium: Syracuse Chiefs baseball
- Carrier Dome: Concerts and Syracuse University sports
- Civic Center at the Oncenter: Performing arts
- Convention Center at the Oncenter
- Lakeview Amphitheater: Concerts
- Landmark Theatre: Concerts and film series
- New York State Fairgrounds: The Great New York State Fair
- The F Shed: General admission concerts
- Turning Stone: Resort, casino, golf, spa and concerts
- War Memorial at the Oncenter
- Westcott Theater: Intimate concert venue
- Beaver Lake Nature Center
- Baltimore Woods Center for Nature Education
- Burnet Park Zoo
- Clark Reservation
- Green Lakes State Park
- Jamesville Beach Park
- Montezuma Wildlife Refuge
- Onondaga Lake Park
- Sylvan Beach and Amusement Park