In an effort to benefit the frail elderly of Central New York, St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center has partnered with Loretto
, a long term care organization, to jointly sponsor a Program of All-inclusive Care for the Elderly
in Central New York. PACE CNY
is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in the community whenever possible.
PACE CNY serves individuals who are aged 55
or older, certified by their state to need nursing home care, able to live safely in the community at the time of enrollment, and live in a PACE service area. Although all PACE participants must be certified to need nursing home care to enroll in PACE, only about seven percent of PACE participants reside in a nursing home nationally. If a PACE enrollee does need nursing home care, the PACE program pays for it and continues to coordinate his or her care. Delivering all needed medical and supportive services, the program is able to provide the entire continuum of care and services to seniors with chronic care needs while maintaining their independence in their homes for as long as possible.
Care and Services
- Adult day care that offers nursing, physical, occupational and recreational therapies
- All necessary prescription drugs; medical care provided by a PACE physician familiar with the history, needs and preferences of each participant
- Home health care and personal care
- Hospital and nursing home care when necessary
- Medical specialists such as audiology, dentistry, optometry, podiatry, and speech therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Social services
- Social work and personal care
- Respite care