Our Mother Baby Unit focus is family-centered care. You and your baby will be cared for by one nurse. Individualized teaching is done with all our patients.
Your baby’s room is your room. This allows you to spend more time with your baby and helps you learn to recognize your baby's cues. Sleeping in the same room with mom has been shown to be a major factor in helping decrease the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
We have private rooms with flat screen televisions and DVD players. Your significant other or support person is encouraged to spend the night to assist with caring for the baby. Love seats pull out to a bed for sleeping. Glider rockers in every room can be used to calm the baby or just to relax and enjoy the new addition.
Our new room service menu is available to moms from 6:45 a.m. to 6:45 p.m. with wonderful meal selections delivered to your room when you place your order. We also have a stocked kitchen for those midnight or mid-day cravings.
Breast-feeding is supported by a team of lactation consultants available seven days a week and a fully trained staff. If you still need assistance after you go home, a breast-feeding support center is available for you by appointment for additional help.
For the convenience of your family, the visiting hours are as follows:
- General visiting hours: noon to 8 p.m.
- Support partner/significant other: 24-hour visitation
- All children are welcome to visit
- Please remind your visitors that everyone needs to be healthy and free from illness when visiting.
- Hand-washing each time someone enters and leaves the room is necessary to help prevent the spread of germs and protect the new mom and baby.