When a patient is discharged from St. Joseph's they may randomly be selected to receive a patient satisfaction survey from us through our survey partner, Press Ganey and Associates. When a patient writes a comment on his or her survey it is logged into the computer at Press Ganey and sent to us for our information. We highly value the comments of our patients and we follow up on their concerns and compliments. Below are a few of the many positive comments St. Joseph’s received in October 2013.
- The 3-1 nurses are the best. They were friendly, attentive, positive, encouraging and helpful - every one of them!
- Nursing care outstanding! Quality of care and professionalism couldn't' have been better!
- Hospital is extremely well staffed, appeared the team concept was efficient and in the best interest of the patient. This would always be the hospital of my choice to go to first.
- I was extremely impressed with my child's care at St. Joe's. Would definitely recommend this hospital.
- Your nurses are all angels. They all gave 100% every day I was there. Real assets to your HOSPITAL.
- All your employee's are real assets to your hospital, from security guards through your parking garage attendants, best stay in hospital.
- I had a near perfect experience at St. Joe's. My complications were expertly handled and explained. Thank you!
- I can not say enough good stuff about your hospital or staff. Every one and every thing was excellent. Thank you again.
- Nursing staff was fantastic! It felt like my care mattered to them. Helped me keep a positive attitude & helped to relieve fear about my condition.
- Love this hospital and all of the staff! I was sad to leave. Definitely coming back when I have a second baby!
Ambulatory Surgery Comments
- I was very happy with facility & the staff. Had excellent care while I was there. Very pleased with everything. Made me feel very comfortable.
- I can't say enough about the positive experience that I had. Everyone at the facility behaved in a way that made me feel important - that my comfort and addressing my concerns was "job #1." It was truly a patient-centered experience.
- There should be an excellent rating as I would give you an excellent overall rating.
- We were two nervous parents there with our three year old daughter. The nurses, doctors, and staff put us at ease and made sure we had a good overall experience. We were very thankful for that.
- Excellence on every level. I had a couple of the staff go out of their way to make me comfortable before surgery and my mom comfortable in the waiting area. I would not hesitate in the least to recommend this facility.
- Excellent experience - given every answer I asked for - no pain - the nurses were superb - called me the day after.
- The staff from the 1st phone call right through to check in, surgery & release where extremely nice, caring, informative and jovial. I thank everyone!
- Everything about the procedure was good - professionalism of the staff, kindness, sense of humor - all contributed to a safe and expedient procedure.
Home Health Care Comments
- We have not had any issues to address. We would highly recommend this organization/service.
- The nurses have been in constant contact w/dr's office and each other to give me the best possible care.
- The nurses (everyone of them) and physical therapist were VERY, VERY friendly, skilled, informed and compassionate. You COULD NOT ask for better.
- The care was excellent, as were everyone who attended me, ESPECIALLY the physical therapist.
- All of the staff have been EXCELLENT. I'm SO THANKFUL for their help and care. They have ALL BEEN EXCELLENT CARE GIVERS. God bless them all.
Emergency Department Comments
- This hospital is the ONLY place I want to be when I'm ill. Overall, this hospital has the best doctors who care and the staff is great.
- Best treatment I have ever experienced in an emergency room. They all have been fair but St. Joseph's was GREAT. I wish I could get that treatment at home.
- Very impressed with the care I received. Felt like a family member and someone really cared. Thank you.
- Very good experience. No wait time at all. Extremely friendly @ security, check in, and triage.
- My 1st time experience was very, very, good. Everyone, I mean, everyone, was so wonderful to me. Would recommend St. Joseph's to everyone.
- St. Joseph's is the best emergency room and the best hospital.
- I felt very well about the experience. The ED doctor contacted me the following day to see how I was doing and also update me on lab test results that were not available before. Highly impressed.
- Overall very good care. Even the resident doctor was very knowledgeable and thorough. Nurse was amazing.
- It's the best hospital in Syracuse. Staff is very caring and I feel comfortable.