The foot's bones, muscles and joints are a miracle of complex interactions. Each foot contains 26 bones and a multitude of joints and muscles that work together to provide mobility and stability. The average person takes about 10,000 steps each day, so it is no surprise that foot pain is often debilitating.
More than 75 percent of Americans will suffer from some sort of foot pain during their lives. This pain may be caused by injury, arthritis, diabetes, genetic abnormalities, or wear and tear. No matter what the cause, the result is the same: discomfort and limited mobility. St. Joseph's podiatric specialists quickly diagnose the problem and develop an individualized care plan.
St. Joseph's podiatry specialists treat common foot problems, including:
- Corns, calluses, warts
- Bunions, hammertoes
- Flat feet
- Fallen arches
- Toe/joint deformities
- Foot wounds
- Heel pain
- Foot injuries
- Sprains, fractures
Podiatry Surgery Center
St. Joseph's Podiatry Surgery Center is located at the North Surgery Center in Liverpool, NY. Our all-inclusive care includes:
- Examination, preparation for surgery, and a post-operative needs assessment during a single pre-admission testing visit.
- Special equipment and/or training, including:
- Pain management
- Wound care
- Gait training
- Crutch walking
- Safety evaluation
- Additional services, as needed, through referral to the:
- Center for Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Certified Home Health Care Agency
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Service
Serving the community for more than 20 years, St. Joseph’s North Surgery Center is located in the North Medical Center, 5100 W. Taft Road, Liverpool, NY. The facility is handicap accessible with convenient free parking.