Recognition and Accomplishments
Recognition and accomplishments of St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center that align with the hospital’s strategic goals:
CLINICAL & SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- St. Joseph's is given the Most Valuable Player Award from HANYS for an outstanding PCA Campaign (2015)
- Leadership Greater Syracuse is presenting St. Joseph's with the Community Trustee Business Award (2015)
- The Onondaga Historical Association is presenting St. Joseph's with a History Medal at their annual Breakfast, in recognition of all we have done to preserve our history including the museum on our campus (2015)
- St. Joseph's received the NAACP Community Service Award (2015)
- St. Joseph’s Celebrates Achievement of Largest Green Healthcare Project in Upstate NY (LEED) (2015)
- St. Joseph's Achieves Comprehensive Center accreditation for Bariatric Surgery (2015)
- Primary Care Center - West received recertification as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (2015)
- Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. (BFUSA) re-designated St. Joseph's as a Baby Friendly hospital. This designation represents the gold standard of care for infant feeding and is a global initiative sponsored by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) and WHO (World Health Organization) (2014-2019).
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) for 2014 under a national program aimed at helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of the respiratory care services available in hospitals.
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation, recognizing the organization’s extraordinary commitment to the health of its employees and their families.
- St. Joseph's Nursing Excellence Recognized with Prestigious Magnet Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC).
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Beacon Award "Gold level" for excellence in critical care nursing for the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (2014)
- Consumer Reports has ranked St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center among the highest in the United States when it comes to heart surgery.
- National Research Corp: 2013/2014 Consumer Choice #1 Award for highest overall quality and image in the Syracuse area. (St. Joseph's has earned this award 15 times.)
- Hospitals & Health Networks (journal of the American Hospital Association): St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center named one of the nation's "100 Most Wired" hospitals.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Blue Distinction Center+ for Spine Surgery
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Outcome Concept Systems: St. Joseph's Home Care and Hospitals Home Health Care cited as one of the top 500 performing home care providers in the United States
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Beacon Award "Silver level" for excellence in critical care nursing for both the Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Units (2011)
- ACE Accreditation for Cardiac Catheterization (Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center (Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
- Heart Failure Accredited (Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
- HealthGrades 2014: One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery™
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission: St. Joseph’s College of Nursing (Five-year national accreditation)
- American Association of Respiratory Care: Quality Respiratory Care Recognition for 2013
- Joint Commission accreditation for Franciscan Health Support.
- DNV Healthcare accreditation for St. Joseph's Hospital.
- First in U.S. to successfully complete MORE OB Program.
- Press Ganey: Summit Award for Patient Satisfaction (Outpatient Surgery Centers) (2010-2013)
- American Red Cross:Real Heroes Award (Blood Donor Category) Orthopedic Surgery Team
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery: St. Joseph’s is designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
- American Culinary Federation: 2012 Achievement of Excellence Award.
- Becker's Hospital Review: Kathryn H. Ruscitto named to annual list of "52 Women Hospital & Healthcare Leaders"
- Sister Patricia Ann Recipients: Marylin Galimi, Employee Winner, Susan Mulcahy, RN, Nursing Winner, Zoe Gonza, RN and Patricia Johnson, RN, Lifetime Achievement Winners
- Sister Patricia Ann Recipient: Dr. Ilya Amromin
- Dr. Roger W. Pease award: Seth Greenky, MD, Syed Zaman, MD; Narayana Reddy, MD. The award recognizes physician clinical excellence, social responsibility and leadership
- GHXcellence Awards: St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center recognized as one of the “Best 50 Integrated Delivery Networks” for achievements in improving supply chain performance.
- CenterStateCEO: St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center was awarded the Economic Champion Award (2011) and the Non-Profit Business of the Year Award (2011)