Recognition and Accomplishments
Recognition and accomplishments of St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center that align with the hospital’s strategic goals:
CLINICAL & SERVICE EXCELLENCE
- St. Joseph's ranked Best Regional Hospital among New York's 25 top hospitals by U.S. News
- St. Joseph's wins Near Westside Initiative: 2015 Risk Takers and Dream Makers Award
- St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center to receive an Excellence in Health Care Award in the Community Partner/Advocate of the Year Category
- St. Joseph's is part of 100 Hospital with Great Heart Programs for 2015-2016
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center was named a 2015 Most Wired hospital, according to the 2015 Most Wired Survey, released this month by the American Hospital Association’s Health Forum and the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) (2015)
- St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center has been named one of the 100 Great Community Hospitals by Becker's Hospital Review (2015)
- St. Joseph's is given the Most Valuable Player Award from HANYS for an outstanding PAC Campaign (2015)
- Leadership Greater Syracuse is presenting St. Joseph's with the Community Trustee Business Award (2015)
- The Onondaga Historical Association is presenting St. Joseph's with a History Medal at their annual Breakfast, in recognition of all we have done to preserve our history including the museum on our campus (2015)
- St. Joseph's received the NAACP Community Service Award (2015)
- St. Joseph’s Celebrates Achievement of Largest Green Healthcare Project in Upstate NY (LEED) (2015)
- St. Joseph's Achieves Comprehensive Center accreditation for Bariatric Surgery (2015)
- Primary Care Center - West received recertification as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (2015)
- Baby-Friendly USA, Inc. (BFUSA) re-designated St. Joseph's as a Baby Friendly hospital. This designation represents the gold standard of care for infant feeding and is a global initiative sponsored by UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) and WHO (World Health Organization) (2014-2019).
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) for 2014 under a national program aimed at helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of the respiratory care services available in hospitals.
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard™ accreditation, recognizing the organization’s extraordinary commitment to the health of its employees and their families.
- St. Joseph's Nursing Excellence Recognized with Prestigious Magnet Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC).
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Beacon Award "Gold level" for excellence in critical care nursing for the Surgical Intensive Care Unit (2014)
- Consumer Reports has ranked St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center among the highest in the United States when it comes to heart surgery.
- National Research Corp: 2013/2014 Consumer Choice #1 Award for highest overall quality and image in the Syracuse area. (St. Joseph's has earned this award 15 times.)
- Hospitals & Health Networks (journal of the American Hospital Association): St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center named one of the nation's "100 Most Wired" hospitals.
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Blue Distinction Center+ for Cardiac Care
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Blue Distinction Center+ for Spine Surgery
- Excellus BlueCross BlueShield: Blue Distinction Center+ for Knee and Hip Replacement
- Outcome Concept Systems: St. Joseph's Home Care and Hospitals Home Health Care cited as one of the top 500 performing home care providers in the United States
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses: Beacon Award "Silver level" for excellence in critical care nursing for both the Medical and Surgical Intensive Care Units (2011)
- ACE Accreditation for Cardiac Catheterization (Accreditation for Cardiovascular Excellence)
- Accredited Chest Pain Center (Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
- Heart Failure Accredited (Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care)
- HealthGrades 2014: One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery™
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission: St. Joseph’s College of Nursing (Five-year national accreditation)
- American Association of Respiratory Care: Quality Respiratory Care Recognition for 2013
- Joint Commission accreditation for Franciscan Health Support.
- DNV Healthcare accreditation for St. Joseph's Hospital.
- First in U.S. to successfully complete MORE OB Program.
- Press Ganey: Summit Award for Patient Satisfaction (Outpatient Surgery Centers) (2010-2013)
- American Red Cross:Real Heroes Award (Blood Donor Category) Orthopedic Surgery Team
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery: St. Joseph’s is designated a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence.
- American Culinary Federation: 2012 Achievement of Excellence Award.
- Becker's Hospital Review: Kathryn H. Ruscitto named to annual list of "52 Women Hospital & Healthcare Leaders"
- Sister Patricia Ann Recipients: Marylin Galimi, Employee Winner, Susan Mulcahy, RN, Nursing Winner, Zoe Gonza, RN and Patricia Johnson, RN, Lifetime Achievement Winners
- Sister Patricia Ann Recipient: Dr. Ilya Amromin
- Dr. Roger W. Pease award: Seth Greenky, MD, Syed Zaman, MD; Narayana Reddy, MD. The award recognizes physician clinical excellence, social responsibility and leadership
- GHXcellence Awards: St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center recognized as one of the “Best 50 Integrated Delivery Networks” for achievements in improving supply chain performance.
- CenterStateCEO: St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center was awarded the Economic Champion Award (2011) and the Non-Profit Business of the Year Award (2011)