With offices conveniently located in Fayetteville and Cazenovia, Heritage Family Medicine is available to meet your family's medical needs. Heritage Family Medicine is your medical home, close to home.
The physicians at Heritage Family Medicine are dedicated to promoting and preserving the health of each of their patients. There is increasing evidence that primary care physicians positively impact health outcomes in their communities, and Heritage Family Medicine is committed to achieving this through health care, education and community involvement.
Heritage Family Medicine provides a broad range of family medicine services.
- Heritage functions as a patient-centered medical home, meaning care is coordinated for each patient to help navigate through the health care system in both the outpatient and inpatient settings. We do this by providing an electronic medical record for each patient and assisting with networking with specialty care when necessary.
- The physicians care for your entire family—from birth through childhood and into adulthood and the geriatric years.
- The physicians are also specialists in women's health care, including pregnancy care and deliveries, management of abnormal pap smears, colposcopy, LEEP, and pessaries. Our office cannot only handle the birth of your child, but also the health care needs of you and your child throughout the course of your lives.
- The physicians continually incorporate evidence-based medicine into their practice, so patient care is focused on science, studies and positive outcomes.
- As well as providing patient care in the offices, the physicians are faculty in the St. Joseph's Family Medicine Residency Program and also precept medical students from SUNY Upstate Medical University and several other programs across the country. They are familiar with and use the latest technology and information in training the doctors of tomorrow and in providing their own patients’ care.
As a family medicine office, Heritage Family Medicine can meet all of your family's primary care needs—from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Health care for the entire family, from pediatrics to geriatrics
- Obstetric services, including pregnancy care and deliveries
- Women's health care, including management of abnormal pap smears, breast evaluations, colposcopy, LEEP and pessaries
- Pediatric care for newborns, infants, children, and teens
- Adult and geriatric medicine
- Sports medicine, including post-concussion evaluations, joint injections, splinting, and casting
- Minor surgical procedures, including suturing of lacerations, biopsy and removal of skin lesions, and incision and drainage of abscesses
- On-site phlebotomy services for drawing blood available at the Cazenovia office
- Continuity of care if our patients are hospitalized at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center (adults) or Golisano Children's Hospital (infants and children)
Insurance and Billing Information
We accept most major insurances and ask that you contact your insurance company for verification of participation.
If you have health insurance from a provider with which we participate, we will submit claims for covered services directly to your plan. If you have a co-pay, it is due at the time of service. If we do not participate in your insurance plan, you may be asked to pay at the time of service and will be provided with a receipt that you can submit to your plan for reimbursement. If you do not have insurance, we ask for payment at the time of service. We accept cash, personal checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. Financial assistance may be available if necessary.
Heritage Family Medicine is a part of St. Joseph's Physician Health, PC. The offices admit to the following hospitals:
- St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center for adults and adolescents
- SUNY Upstate Golisano Children's Hospital for infants and children
In addition, the office utilizes a comprehensive referral network for specialist care as necessary.
St. Joseph's Care Coordination Network (for Medicaid patients)