Be a Volunteer!
St. Joseph’s is fortunate to have a dedicated team of volunteers who — along with members of the Auxiliary of St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center — number more than 500 men, women and teens.
St. Joseph’s welcomes volunteers who meet the following requirements that are intended to protect the health, well-being and confidentiality of our patients.
At least 14 years of age
Able to pass employee health screening
Read and agree to a Confidentiality Code
Adhere to dress code
Adults are placed in different areas of the hospital based on skills, interests and availability. If interested, please call the Volunteer office at 315-448-5186 to set up an appointment.
Teens must be at least 14 years old. Our teen program starts in the summer. We do, however, consider other times of the year. Teen volunteers may only volunteer Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. If you are interested, please call or email and we will send you a volunteer packet.
There are many positions available in the hospital and at satellites sites, including North Medical Center, Home Care, Dialysis, Sleep Lab, Northeast Medical Center and Out-Patient Physical Therapy.
A few of the opportunities are listed below:
- Clerical work
- Floor volunteer
- Flower delivery
- Gift shop
- Heart support
- Information desk
- Lobby Ambassador
- Mail couriers
- Palliative care
- Reading to children in waiting rooms.
- Spiritual care
- Surgical waiting room
- VIP (Volunteer’s in Partnership)
Volunteers at St. Joseph's are a big part of the St. Joseph's family. Besides feeling good about yourself by helping others, St. Joseph's also provides the following benefits:
- Free parking is provided to volunteers in the parking garage
- Volunteers receive 25 percent off their meals
- A 14 percent discount on prescriptions at the hospital pharmacy
- Usage of the hospital library
- Annual flu shots
- Annual volunteer dinner
- Award pins for hours of service
- Income tax deductions
- Discounts and promotions offered through St. Joseph's Employee Enrichment Committee
- Free parking
- Reference letter/verification of hours letter
- Experience in health care field
- Teen party at the end of the summer
- Chance to win prizes
Volunteers are needed who can put their talents to use creating:
- Baby hats
- Lap robes
- Stoma covers
- Walker bags
- Hats and scarves
Call the Volunteer Office at 315-448-5186 or email email@example.com if you would like instructions for making any of the above items sent to you.