When a patient is discharged from St. Joseph's they may randomly be selected to receive a patient satisfaction survey from us through our survey partner, Press Ganey and Associates. When a patient writes a comment on his or her survey it is logged into the computer at Press Ganey and sent to us for our information. We highly value the comments of our patients and we follow up on their concerns and compliments. Below are a few of the many positive comments St. Joseph’s received in January 2014.
- This is the best hospital, very caring and courteous. Would recommend this hospital to everyone and anyone. Excellent care!
- This was my first time as patient @ St. Joseph's Hospital. I was treated very well and would highly recommend it to family & friends.
- St. Joe's is wonderful - felt very safe and comfortable and in capable hands. Staff went out of their way to accommodate special requests.
- Nurses are amazing. Personable, caring, alert, caring, warm, professionable, friendly, and very considerate.
- I think St. Joseph's Hospital is an excellent place to be. Everyone treated me & my family with great respect. Like I said before I would recommend this place to everyone.
- I think your hospital has come a long, long way. You outdo yourselves. Quality care & EVERYONE cares. Your hospital is state of the art. I can't say enough good things about St. Joes & I tell everyone about you. Plus you have to be good, I traveled 100 miles. Your hospital is the best in every way. Thank you.
- Best & most caring nurses I have ever encountered - Very knowledgeable & helpful.
Ambulatory Surgery Comments
- I am glad I received this survey because I wanted to tell someone about the excellent care I received. Your staff is amazing and they were so attentive to all of my needs. I am extremely impressed with the level of care I received and the kindness and compassion of your staff. Thank you.
- Every nurse that took care of me during my stay was amazing. Each and everyone was kind and compassionate. I always knew what to expect and what was happening to me. All of my questions were answered and the nurses responded to the bell immediately.
- I cannot say enough about my doctor, the nurses, and surgical staff - just EVERYONE was so good to me and my husband. I received EXCELLENT care, before, during, and after surgery.
- It was a positive experience and would highly recommend the surgery center to others. The staff were awesome! I felt very positive about the surgery.
- Should be an excellent rating for each. Very impressed with everything. All procedures done in an organized and skillful manner.
- This was a wonderful experience. Everyone was cheerful and very professional. Very good at putting me at ease.
- The entire staff was awesome. If need be, would absolutely return there for any procedure. Everyone was very professional & very knowledgeable. Made all of us feel great. Keep up the excellent work!!
- Every nurse was fantastic & there to help me within a minute of my request. I've never experienced such care & alert while being hospitalized.
- I really loved the level of attention I received, having surgery can be scary and I was treated as if I was at home. So thankful they calmed me down.
Home Health Care Comments
- The visiting nurse went above and beyond. She was so wonderful and so was the physical therapist.
- Everyone was very informative and polite. Also very caring in attitude.
- I would recommend your facility to anybody. My time with you was great.
- I thank you millions for all of the comfort & medical advice. You made this illness much easier for me.
- Best home healthcare in central NY!!
- All my nurses were wonderful. If I had to have home care again, I would request the same case manager and nurses if possible.
- I would definitely recommend your agency to anyone I knew that was in need.
- St. Joseph's Home Care has been an excellent service and I'm very glad that I accepted their help before I left the hospital. God bless all of you for all that you did for me and countless others... !!
I have truly been blessed. They have even, somehow, managed to keep me out of the hospital. I was in 'rough' shape. Now I'm living again and I look forward to their visits. I even have food in my home, my body is clean, I have clean clothes, and hope for my future. None of which I had before. Their help has changed my life. From the bottom of my heart - - - I thank you. This agency has help me more than I thought possible. Everyone is extremely helpful. I have even been blessed with some friendships.
Emergency Department Comments
- I have been singing the praises of St. Joe's ER to everyone since the experience!
- I had a very good experience because I was well taken care of. The ER doctor and the nurse were very informative and passionate about their jobs.
- I had a terrific experience and I would recommend St. Joseph's to anyone.
- I chose to come to St. Joseph's because I received excellent care before and knew I would get great care again.
- To be honest, I am an RN at Upstate & I prefer the care at St. Joe's. Your ER is very nice & we were treated very well. Can't say I have had the same experience at my place of employment.
- I think St. Joseph is great. From the time you come in until you are able to leave, everyone seems to care and listen to you even if they have other duties to do.
- The hospital is truly the best with the best staff around, both in the Emergency Dept. and the support areas, for ex. XRAY, blood draw, and transport.
- My stay in the emergency room was very good and I would love to thank you from the bottom of my heart. The way I was treated and my stay were very good.
- We couldn't have asked for better care. Beyond impressed with everyone we met from the minute we walked in the door. Thank you so much!!