St. Joseph's general surgeons are pleased to provide emergent surgical services 24/7/365. Upon presentation to the emergency room or transfer to the hospital, a surgeon is readily available to assess patients for emergency surgery, surgical consultation, or follow up after a recent surgical procedure.
Depending on your condition, our general surgeons will use their advanced skills to treat a wide range of emergent conditions including but not limited to :
• Abdominal adhesions or blockages
• Acute cholecystitis (infected gall bladder)
• Acute issues of the pancreas and spleen
• Colon blockages, perforations, or strangulation
• Incarcerated or strangulated hernias
• Intestinal blockages, perforations, or strangulation
Depending on your particular procedure, many emergent surgeries can be done with the same minimally invasive techniques as elective surgery. Minimally invasive surgery can benefit patients with less pain, discomfort, blood loss, and a quicker return to normal activities.