Resident stipends are parallel to the salaries of similar level residents at the SUNY Upstate Medical Center. Cost of living increases also parallel that system.
View our 2014-2015 Contract Draft
for more information.
- Four weeks annual paid vacation per year. Vacations are generally taken in one week blocks Monday through Friday with weekends on both sides without medical responsibilities. This equals four nine-day vacation periods/year.
- Communication devices for all residents to use within the scope of both clinical and educational responsibilities. Malpractice insurance for all activities related to the residency curriculum.
- Subsidized health and dental insurance. The hospital underwrites a variety of individual and family plans with modest payroll deductions. $50,000 life insurance is provided.
- Relocation allowance up to $500 per IRS guidelines.
- ACLS, PALS, Neonatal Resuscitation, ALSO and ATLS certification available.
- Access to SUNY Upstate gym and fitness center (campus activities building).
- Free parking.
- Discounted prescription medications for residents and families provided by Kinney Drugs at Franciscan Pharmacy.
- Discounted food in hospital cafeteria. Simple snacks and juice are available at all times in the resident lounge. The residency also provides lunch for all conferences, lectures and meetings.
- Three white laboratory coats.
- Email and computer access. Residents have unlimited medical library access at St. Joseph’s as well as SUNY Upstate. This includes 24-hour online access to full text journals and other electronic media.