About the Center
The Northeast Surgery Center is a state-of-the-art facility providing care in all areas related to outpatient procedures
and surgery. Located in the quiet suburbs between the villages of Fayetteville and East Syracuse, our elegant new facility is easy to find, and there is ample free parking.
- Licensed by New York State.
- Twenty-four hour nursing care by professional registered nurses.
- Pleasantly decorated, private rooms.
- For out-of-town families who need accommodations, the program has an arrangement with a nearby inn.
Our Plastic Surgeons
The physicians in the St. Joseph’s Aesthetic Surgery Program are board certified specialists. This certification is your assurance of their skill and experience with the most current techniques. The surgeons for the Aesthetic Surgery Program are members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Through this professional organization, surgeons stay current of the latest techniques and procedures. Visit our plastic surgeons
page to learn more about them.
Cosmetic surgery is a personal matter. To provide you with the level of privacy you seek:
- Prior to the surgery date, all communication with the Surgery Center will be conducted through your surgeon's office only.
- You may call the surgery center at (315) 329-2500 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to address any questions or concerns you may have.
- If your surgery requires an overnight stay, you will have a comfortable, private room complete with television, telephone and DVD.
- You can choose to have visitors between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- No information will be given to callers regarding your condition without prior permission.
- Most aesthetic/cosmetic surgery isn’t covered by insurance, therefore, NESC has created a fee schedule that includes a total charge for your anticipated needs during your surgical stay. This fee is referred to as the facility fee. In addition, the surgeon and anesthesiologist will bill you separately.
- The inclusive facility fee is determined by the type and complexity of the procedure, the type of anesthesia and length of stay.
- The fee schedule for facility, surgeon and anesthesia will be provided to you by your surgeon during your initial consultation visit.
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, checks or cash. Payment is due prior to surgery.
Q: What is Aesthetic Surgery?
Aesthetic Surgery changes existing facial or body features to improve appearance.
Q: What is Cosmetic Surgery?
Cosmetic Surgery returns a more natural look to facial and body features changed by age, sun or pregnancy.
Q: What is Plastic Surgery?
Plastic surgery is a broad term used to include aesthetic, cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
Q: What is Reconstructive Surgery?
Reconstructive Surgery repairs abnormalities that are the result of injury or birth defects.
Q: Who provides anesthesia care at Northeast Surgery Center?
The Anesthesia Department at St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center provides anesthesia services at Northeast Surgery Center. The anesthesiologists are highly skilled in critical care as well as outpatient surgery. You will meet the anesthesiologist prior to the scheduled surgery.
Q: Is Northeast Surgery Center equipped to handle emergencies?
Registered Nurses providing care are trained in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS). The facility is equipped with state-of-the-art emergency equipment and medications to handle complications that may arise. Also, an emergency plan has been developed with St. Joseph’s Hospital Health Center in case the need arises to transfer a patient to the hospital.
Q: Is there an alternative to receiving anesthesia?
Depending on the type of procedure and surgeon and patient preferences, moderate conscious sedation may be the preferred method for providing reduction of pain and anxiety during the surgical procedure. This is achieved by delivering medications intravenously as ordered by the surgeon.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) offer education on plastic surgery (cosmetic and reconstructive) and help patients find board-certified plastic surgeons.
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS), founded in 1967, is the leading professional organization of plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who specialize in cosmetic plastic surgery.
Mosby...a leading publisher of the Harcourt Health Sciences Family of Companies bringing you the foremost resources in your field!
From Route 81
Route 481E to Exit 3E - Fayetteville/Manlius Exit. Merge onto Route 5 - East Genesee Street. Pass Wegman's Shopping Plaza on left; bear left at intersection, continue on Route 5 - East Genesee Street, toward the Village of Fayetteville. Left onto North Burdick Street at traffic light, new Towne Center (on left). Pass car dealerships on left to traffic light. Left onto Medical Center Drive to Northeast Medical Center.
From East Syracuse
South on Manlus Center Road to North Burdick Street. Pass Erie Village on left, to traffic light. Take left, remaining on North Burdick Street. At traffic light, take right onto Medical Center Drive to Northeast Medical Center.
From East of Fayetteville
West on Route 5, through the Village of Fayetteville. At stoplight, take right onto North Burdick Street. Pass the Fayeteville Mall and car dealerships. At traffic light, take left onto Medical Cetner Drive to Northeast Medical Center.
At the first stop sign on Medical Center Drive turn right and follow signs to Urgent Care/Surgery Center. Park in open lot. Enter at main doors to lobby. Turn right to elevators. Go to 2nd floor reception.