The North Surgery Center is an ambulatory surgery center for outpatient surgery services that do not require an overnight stay. Located in Liverpool (a northern suburb of Syracuse), the Center is at the corner of Taft and Buckley Roads, very convenient to interstates 81 and 90.
The North Surgery Center was named a Summit Award Winner by Press Ganey Associates, which recognizes top performing facilities who sustain the highest level of customer satisfaction for three or more consecutive years.
The North Surgery Center offers general surgery, urology, ear, nose and throat, orthopedics, podiatry, dental surgery, pain management services.
Before you undergo a surgical procedure at North Surgery Center, you will visit the pre-admission testing department where the staff members will perform EKGs, if required, lab work, and review your medications. They also will explain your procedure to you and prepare you for it. You also will have the opportunity to ask questions.
If you are a patient who is scheduled to have surgery at North Surgery Center, please note the following:
- Please bring a list of medications you are taking, including over-the-counter and herbal remedies.
- Have a responsible adult accompany each patient throughout the perioperative stay, including those patients who reside at extended care facilities, adult homes, etc.
- Patients cannot drive home, must have a responsible driver or responsible adult accompany patient if taking a cab home.
Patients who do not come for PAT, please call the Surgery Center one to two days in advance for information regarding procedure and any last minute changes.
- Parent or legal guardian must accompany your child to the surgery center.
- Make sure you have an appropriate car seat for your child to go home in.
- Please bring your immunization records, any special favorite toys or security items such as teddy bears or blankets.
- Bring an extra pair of undergarments (many times pediatric patients wet their underwear during surgery).
- Length of stay for a tonsillectomy will be three hours after surgery. You may bring a favorite movie DVD to watch.
- A nurse will call the day before your child's surgery.
- If you miss our call or you would like to speak with us please call us at (315) 703-5400
- Please view or print our Maureen has an Operation (pdf) book to read with your child.
General Instructions for special needs children:
- We provide individualized care according to your child's needs.
- Please feel free to call us at (315) 703-5400 and ask for the pre-admission testing (PAT) nurse to inform us of any information about your child that will help us care for his/her needs.
- Print our special book, When I go to the Surgery Center (pdf), to read with your child.
- You may come for a tour at our surgery center if desired. Call (315) 703-5400 for an appointment with the nurse.
From the East
Take 690 West to 81 North. Take the exit for Taft Road. Turn left off the exit and the surgery center will be on your left.
From the North
(Fulton, Oswego, Watertown)
Take 81 South. Take the exit for Taft Road. Turn right off the exit and the surgery center will be on your left.
From the South
(Cortland, Ithaca, Binghamton)
Take 81 North. Take the exit for Taft Road. Turn left off the exit and the surgery center will be on your left.
From the West
(Camillus, Baldwinsville, Auburn)
Take 690 East to 81 North. Take the exit for Taft Road. Turn left off the exit and the surgery center will be on your left.